Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Welcome to The Vintage Beauty Project!

There is a part of me that misses the bygone days of glamour and taking pride in one's appearance. (I say this as I sit at my computer wearing jean shorts and an almost 10 year old t-shirt from college, but I digress. . .) In a modern world filled with modern conveniences and a seemingly endless choice of beauty tools and products, I long for the days of my grandmother - they didn't have the plethora of products and just overall stuff that we have now, and yet they made do. . .and HOW!


I am on a quest to find out exactly HOW.  Using vintage beauty books and articles, I want to discover many of the long lost beauty secrets of yesteryear, test them out and share my results! Over the next year, I plan to transform myself from a frumpy mom that occasionally dabbles in vintage clothes, makeup, and the occasional horribly done pin curl set to the glamour girl I know is in there somewhere that will laugh in the face of the fake-baked, flat-ironed skin parade I am surrounded by down here in southeast Texas. 

Bitter? Nah . . .

There are various blogs and websites out there that seem to have a lot of information, but it's scattered everywhere, and I want this to be a place where you can find it all and watch a guinea pig try it before you do! While the 1940's and 1950's are my favorite decades (hence much of the material and experimentation will be from these eras), I may retreat back to a few decades before that - gotta love the pure, ethereal beauty of the silent film stars (like my personal favorite, Mary Pickford)!


So here's looking at . . . well, something better than I'm looking at right now! I hope that you will find information you can use here, and maybe even join in The Project yourself! 

1 comment:

  1. I really wish you had continued with this blog i was so exsited and thought it was an amazing idea.

    ReplyDelete